Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Gratitude

Gratitude starts with ourselves. A simple acknowledgement of life. Like everything on this journey, it is an inside job and it starts with each one of us.
Gratitude is more than a word. It is a feeling, a knowing.
Knowing I could have been anyone, anywhere, with any combination of souls to travel with is awe inspiring! But I got to be me!
I had the blessing to have the parents and childhood that gave me the lessons and experiences that helped me evolve to the person I am today. Each moment, each circumstance and every choice I made led me here. Right now, this moment. Though there are moments in which I can honestly I was not proud, gracious, or even understanding, each moment was merely a lesson of grace. Through the rivers of time I have been learning and evolving in the gift of life with gratitude.
Gratitude starts with me.
Grateful for this body that I inhabit. Though there are times I have felt less than gracious for this life vessel, the more I have learned to appreciate it, the more symbiotic we become.
Indebtedness for this Heart. A Heart with its own voice and wisdom. My beautiful Heart that has shown me, that although I may not like a person, place, situation or even myself, even though it aches and gives me a sense of emptiness, my Heart still loves. Loves each person, place, situation and me. Unconditional.
Gratitude for my mind. A mind that has shown me a different view. A different perspective. Though it hasn't always been easy to hear a different set of drums it has afforded me a uniquely beautiful view of life. It is a gift and the more I see it that way the more my centers work together. Each one slowly vibrating at the same frequency forming an unshakable whole.
In the end there is always benediction for Spirit/Creator. For I carry with me always, the knowledge I am but a seed of the Universe from which all this is possible.
My path is often hidden from view, but if there is one single purpose I should choose to acknowledge, it would be to be able to show each and every being that they too deserve to feel gratitude for themselves. That each should know that they too are so much more than they think. That against all that we have been told to believe, Gratitude is not for a select few, for the more deserving. It is our right. It is the front door to our 'home'. May we all know that we are more courageous, infinitely wiser and wildly more gifted than we 'choose' to see.
Should Gratitude of ourselves be our top priority, then what a brighter world we will have gifted ourselves.

One Earth.

No comments: