Tuesday, December 22, 2015

In Reflection


In this time of reflection of the year soon to pass and the anticipation of the one to birth, I can't help but be amazed at the changes that come forth that we don't notice until it's passing.
For me, as for many, this year was brought in as a lion demanding change. Every aspect of my life called for it. Work, home, the space that lies within.
To be honest it was not all welcomed with open arms, yet it all yielded a shift that could not be ignored.
Each time I settled for a moment and allowed myself to stand back and simply observe the motions going all around and within, presented me with a new perspective. A new appreciation for the unfolding of life.
When I simply observed without judgement or fear, I found a renewed sense of self, appreciation, direction, understanding and always wonder.
I found that much like the tree feels the breath of life flowing through the leaves, tickling it's bark, soaking into the roots completely aware of all that is unfolding in and around it, knowing the absolute connection, there is always the core of doing what it needs to do regardless of the environmental stimuli around it. I too feel that connection. Intrinsically aware of the struggles and journeys of those around me, but also knowing my journey must unfold too. Kindly, gently, but with vigor and freedom. Less concerned with the opinions of others and more nurturing to the beckoning of my own spirit. No longer in competition, simply in joy and love with this experience and opportunity we have been given.

So it is true. The less the struggle, the easier the path.

More often than not, I have watched the settling of the moon to give way to the sun, willingly. I too have seen them share the open sky. Both magnificent, both essential. The reflection and the anticipation together rejoicing a new now.
One Earth.

No comments: