Sunday, April 13, 2014

Teach to be Taught

Lessons. They are everywhere. Usually in the most ordinary of places. Mostly when you think you are doing the teaching. I have 2 wonderful children. And from the start they have continually heightened my creativity, expanded my love and forever are teaching me. They unknowingly are showing me that no matter how young or small the being, they contain an infinite pocket of lessons as does everything....if we are willing to 'see' them. With Mothers day around the corner; a day where we are sent out to show our appreciation for our mothers, our mother figures, for our greatest teachers in life, I will continue with my inner practice of savoring my teachers dressed in childrens' clothing. For every piece of advice and knowledge I give them they present me with many more. They unwittingly gift me with the continual ability to change, adapt, grow, to not just say the words and teach the lessons, but to LIVE them. To be more than just words spilling out into empty space, but to BE the idea, lesson, advice, the learning, the adventure: To BE more than just the pages in a book but to BE the book, contents and all. My blessings reaffirm for me, that to be an effective mum, healer, teacher, Being, we must BE the practice we preach. To BE the space in which we know we are limitless. Yes, I started with the notion that I would be the teacher, and I have graciously grown into the student.

 One Earth. :)

No comments: